|Short name :
|Full name :
||A new generation of portable NIRS instruments for on site analysis of milk in dairy farm
||de la Roza Delgado B (SERIDA)
||National Institute for Agricultural and Food Research and Technology
||R & D & I projects
|start and end:
||2013 - 2016
||AP-Milk and milk products
Setup and assessment of MEMS-NIRS instruments for chemical characterization and commercial classification of animal protein by-products from rendering plants (UCO) and for physico-chemical analysis of milk produced for individual dairy cows subjected to feeding programs (SERIDA).
More relevant specific objectives
- Establishment of relevant specifications for the collection of high quality spectra of solid products (meals animal protein byproducts) and liquids (non homogenized milk), including the evaluation of sampling
- Building of large spectral libraries of animal meals (stored in sacks and piles) and milk from individual cows.
- Optimization of spectral libraries and NIRS chemometric models for chemical characterization and labeling (voluntary and mandatory) of animal protein by-products before marketing.
- Optimization of spectral libraries and NIRS chemometric models for the physic-chemical analysis of milk from individual cows as input data for feeding management programs.
- Evaluation of different chemometric strategies for data base transfer from at-line to MEMS-NIRS and between MEMS-NIRS instruments.
- Establishment of a methodology for the transmission and integration of MEMS-NIRS data generated on-site together with information management systems in the field, farm and at industry level