||The general objectives of the project are:
1. To characterize carcass of suckling kids from 8 Spanish goat breeds reared under their typical production systems and slaughtered at a target-carcass weight of 4 kg.
2. To study the influence of milk composition (natural or milk-replacer) received by kids on:
? Growing and development of main tisular components
? Distribution of main carcass fat depots of the kids
? Fatty acids composition of the carcass? main fat depots
? Instrumental meat and fat quality.
? Sensory meat quality
The additional aims of the particular subproject are:
Subproject 1. Use of new technologies in the research on consumer? perception and acceptability of fresh meat
- To study the usefulness of the new technologies (TIC) on the studies of consumers perception concerning food products in general and fresh meat in particular as well as its willingness to pay, by two done investigations:
o To quantify the visual appraisal of meat from the kids slaughtered in the present project using on-line enquiry with a photographic patterns.
o To determine, using on-line enquiry with a photographic patterns, the influence on some extrinsic quality queues to purchase?s intention of hypothetical consumer of the kids slaughtered in the present project.
Subproject 2. Traceability of production systems, from dam?s feed to kid?s meat, by a mean of different biomarkers and the profile of aromatic compounds and implication in human health.
- To establish the relationships between chemical composition of the feed received by dams, the chemical composition of its milk and the chemical composition of kid?s meat and fat.
- To study the potential of some biomarkers as tools to accurate the traceability of the production system in order to avoid frauds in the identification and labelling of final product.
- To analyse nutritional characteristics of the kid?s meat in function of the feed-production systems in which they have been reared
Subproject 3. Meat quality in 8 spanish goat breeds and its relationship with Leptin, Adiponectin, Resistin and Gherin.
- To measure the Leptin, Adiponectin, Resistin and Gherin concentration in the milk of 8 Spanish goat breeds.
- To evaluate the effects of milk Leptin, Adiponectin, Resistin and Gherin on goat kid growth, as well as adipocyte size and number of different fat depots.
- To measure the Leptin, Adiponectin, Resistin and Gherin concentration in the edible portion of goat kid carcasses.